If you're planning a fun summer getaway this year, or simply need a little inspiration as to what you can pack inside your poolside tote you can take a peek at my must-haves for a fun day spent outdoors. My family and I are actually planning a little summer getaway next month and I'm so excited! It will be a mini vacay to celebrate having my little brother home before he heads back to the University of Texas in Austin in the fall as well as my sweet Dad's birthday. We are currently doing a little bit of research to book a week in Cancun and I so hope we find good rates to go! I have never been to Mexico! Our plan B is Vegas which I wouldn't mind either. Both would allow me to have lazy days lounging poolside so that's totally fine with me!
1. Add a little fun to your poolside attire with a striped and colorful floppy hat to shield you from those powerful rays.
2. Every girl needs a good pair of sunnies during the summer and these trendy cat-eye ones make for a chic and glam look.
3. When lounging by the water, I always reach for a good summer read to keep me occupied. I read Jane Eyre when I was in high school, but I'm planning to re-read it because I loved it so much!
4. No beach tote is complete without your little skin care army. I tend to wear very minimal makeup when at the beach or the pool so my only necessities are either a cream based SPF or a spray SPF and a pretty nude lip gloss.
5. I was instantly drawn to the pretty detailing on this Topshop cover-up. Perfect to throw on over your favorite bikini.
6. I don't know about you, but this Rebecca Minkoff tote instantly got me excited about a getaway. Just transport me to that image please! And maybe add a mimosa or two...
7. Once I finish Jane Eyre, I'll definitely need my iPad to browse Pinterest and some of my favorite blogs. What better way to do it than with this stylish and cute Kate Spade cover.
8. Last but definitely not least, a girl needs a pretty pair of sandals. I love investing in a cute pair for the summer, because I know I will use them over and over again and these adorable leather flower ones by Reiss add just the right feminine touch.