Friday, April 19, 2013
Five Things About Me
A few weeks ago, I was tagged by Myrna to share 5 things about myself that you probably don't know through reading my blog. So here they are! I hope you guys enjoy! :
1. I am somewhat ocd about certain things. My closet always has to be color coordinated and everything MUST be organized. I can get grumpy when things are messy and not in order, and my fiance Ben is the complete opposite of me! (go figure) It tends to balance things out though. He has helped me be more laid back when it comes to some things...but not everything.
2. I played basketball throughout junior high and high school, and even before then! My brother and dad LOVE basketball and we would all play together from the time I was really young. I even made it to the Varsity team when I was a junior in high school and managed to teach my English fiance a thing or two about the sport when we met in college. Since my family is from Cali, the only basketball team you'll see us cheering for is the Lakers!
3. When I was a freshman in college I entered a contest to win a trip to Poland and visit the concentration camps. We were instructed to read the book 'Night' by Elie Wiesel and write an essay over what it meant to us. I turned the essay into my English professor without really thinking anything would come of it, and a few weeks later I found out that I won the contest! I along with 19 other students in my freshman class whose essays were also chosen, were given the opportunity to travel to Poland. I was also the only one out of my group chosen to write articles for our local Newspaper while we were there and talk about our experiences abroad. It was such an amazing experience and one that I hold very near and dear to my heart.
4. The 5 year old in me comes out every now and then. I'm still quite afraid of the dark and absolutely hate sleeping without a tiny little light. When I was living at home with my parents I used to turn on every light in the house if I was alone at night. My dad wasn't too pleased with me when he would see the electricity bill at the end of the month.
5. Number 5 might be the reason for number 4, but I love watching crime shows. My mom and I used to watch marathons of crime shows on court t.v. whenever we had free time over the weekends. It sounds a bit morbid, but they were really quite interesting. Ben hates that I watch them though and thinks I should only watch pretty and girly things like 'Sex and The City' and 'Bridgette Jones' Diary'.